Last updated on December 15, 2023
The Mycotyrant | Illustration by Chase Stone
Showcase Legends of Ixalan are the main alternate frame treatment printed in The Lost Caverns of Ixalan. It’s stunning set of alt-arts that represent some of the legends of the lost civilizations that live beneath the surface of the plane.
What is this treatment, though, and where can you find cards with it?
What Are Showcase Legends of Ixalan Cards in MTG?
Legends of Ixalan cards are an alternate frame treatment for 25 of the legendary creatures included in The Lost Caverns of Ixalan. Styled after murals celebrating the stories of Ixalan’s past, these special cards feature some stunning art to go along with the frame.
How Do You Get Showcase Legends Cards?
Showcase cards can be opened in Lost Caverns of Ixalan packs. They can be found in any booster pack, although they’re more likely to show up in some boosters than others. For example, the collector boosters have at least one Jurassic World card and at least one foil showcase card with a chance at being a Showcase Legend.
- JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF IXALAN—Discover powerful relics and craft tools to give you an edge against the deadly dinosaurs, cunning traps, and ancient gods at the center of the world
- EXPLORE WITH SET BOOSTERS—Set Boosters are specifically designed for a fun pack-opening experience, with at least 1 Rare or Mythic Rare card and at least 1 card with a shining foil treatment in every pack
- 1 IN 12 BOOSTERS INCLUDES A JURASSIC WORLD CARD—Be on the lookout for Universes Beyond Jurassic World Collection cards featuring the Jurassic World franchise’s iconic characters and ferocious dinosaurs!
- TREASURE TROVE BOX TOPPER—Every box contains hidden treasure, with 1 Artifact reprint Box Topper card featuring exclusive Borderless alt-art
- PLAY A GAME THAT FUSES ART, STORIES & STRATEGY—Magic: The Gathering is a collectible card game that weaves deep strategy with art and mechanics that explore the themes of a particular world and story—whether you want to play a casual game with friends, collect cool cards, or get competitive, Magic welcomes you to The Gathering
What Types of Packs Have Showcase Legends of Ixalan Cards?
What Are the Odds of Opening a Showcase Legends of Ixalan Card?
The odds of opening a Showcase Legends of Ixalan card aren’t immediately clear when looking at Wizards’ guide to collecting LCI. One thing we can see, though, is that Collector boosters have at least three slots in each pack where they have a good chance of showing up in.
Are Showcase Legends of Ixalan Cards Valuable?
It’s likely that the Legends of Ixalan cards will be more valuable than the base versions. Looking at the preorder prices of The Mycotyrant, the base version is around $9, and the showcase version is around $1.50 higher than that.
Can All Cards Be Found as Showcase Legends of Ixalan, or Only Certain Ones?
Legends of Ixalan treatments are only on the non-god legendary creatures in the Lost Caverns of Ixalan set. The gods have a separate treatment called Showcase Gods of Ixalan.
Are Showcase Legends of Ixalan Cards Tournament Legal?
Yes, Showcase Legends of Ixalan cards are tournament-legal.
Huatli, Poet of Unity | Illustration by Tyler Jacobson
Showcase Legends of Ixalan are the most recent version of booster fun we’ve seen, and they’re pretty sweet. It’s always interesting see what new card versions Magic designers cook up with each new set or product release.
However, none particularly jump out at me. Of course, art and style are both subjective, so what do you think of the treatment? Where does it rate on your own booster fun league tables? Let me know in the comments, or over in the official Draftsim Discord!
Until next time, stay safe!
Note: this post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, you’ll help Draftsim continue to provide awesome free articles and apps.Follow Draftsim for awesome articles and set updates: